What is Periodic Testing - Now known as Electrical installation condition reports?
We understand the importance of carrying out periodic inspections to fulfil the safety requirements for an electrical certification. At Electricare Limited, we provide clients a qualified domestic electrician or commercial electrician to conduct thorough checks of power systems and appliances, ensuring they meet british standards.
An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is needed to verify the safety of any electrical fixtures and wiring at your property. Once final commissioning and certification has been performed on completed installations, clients are required to schedule periodic inspections with electrical contractors to maintain the standard of quality.
Frequent fault finding tests will reveal any defective circuits or components which need fixing, in order to meet electrical certification requirements. This is because the condition of wiring is prone to damage and deterioration over time.
We are registered as NICEIC approved electrical contractors and NICEIC Domestic Installer Part P schemes, and are recognised by the Local Authority Building Control. This benefits our clients with a six-year warranty for any certified installation or maintenance work we do. Once a periodic inspection is complete you will receive an Electrical Condition Report (EICR) to update their electrical certification or landlord’s certificate.
At Electricare we use high end testing equipment which is regularly inspected and calibrated to ensure all of our test results are completely accurate.
When to Schedule a Periodic Inspection
- Landlords should ensure their rented properties are checked at least every 5 years or when there is a change of tenancy
- Caravans and mobile homes should be inspected in 3 year periods
- New homeowners and tenants need to arrange an inspection as soon as they move in.
- Businesses are required to hire a commercial electrician a minimum of once every 5 years, for an approved electrical certification
Premises with a swimming pool will need an inspection carried out annually.
How Periodic Inspections are Carried Out
We will inspect the condition of your electrical systems to make sure they are NICEIC and BS 7671 compliant, which observe UK safety standards for electrical installations.
Periodic inspections include the following:
- Checks for hazardous damage, wear or deterioration
- Ensure all earthing and bonding connections for electrical appliances are in perfect condition, to prevent shocks and electrocutions
- Identify components or appliances which need to be replaced, such as light switches or power sockets. Older wiring with fabric or lead coatings should be replaced with durable PVC
- Clear signage and notices are displayed around electrical systems to indicate potential danger
As soon as an Electrical Installation Condition Report is finished, any hazards or defects which don’t comply with safety standards will be highlighted. We will provide a qualified domestic electrician or commercial electrician to install necessary replacements.
Need a domestic electrician or commercial electrician Call our electrical contractors today on 0808 2021909. We can issue your electrical certification.