What is a domestic electician?
If you need a domestic electrician to carry out installations or replacements at your property, the team at Electricare Limited is here to help. Electricare Limited is one of leading electrical contractors in the area, specialising in accurate and efficient fault finding practices. We’ll ensure your electrical wiring connections are safe and functioning properly, in addition to checking household appliances, such as electrical cookers and boilers, to fulfil the electrical safety regulations.
We are fully-qualified to install new wiring and electrical fixtures in your home. Landlords and homeowners can rely on an electrician to fix anything from plug sockets to telephone cables and rewiring boiler systems. Furthermore, we are a NICEIC Part P approved installers and are trained to undertake all electrical installations and maintenance work, in accordance with building regulations. Part of the services provided is to carry out electrical installation condition reports which are required every 5-10 years. At Electricare Limited, we are NICEIC approved for Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
New builds and extensions
We provide valuable advice for new homeowners, as well as residents working on house extension projects and recommend the best electrical solutions for power supplies, including heating, ventilation, lighting, security and alarm systems.
During the design stage, it is important to understand the building regulations, which an electrician will take into account when checking plans for any potential issues. Once new builds and extensions have been thoroughly inspected, we electrician will provide a new electrical installation certification to meet the Local Authority Building Control standards
Updated fuse boards
Many domestic properties operate with older fuse boards. This can lead to intermittent power issues due to outdated components. We recommend having a Residual Current Device (RCD) installed, to prevent any hazardous shocks with a reliable circuit breaker in place.
Install lighting systems
We can replace and install a range of lighting systems, including, LED, automated, mood lighting and security lighting. We are skilled at installing indoor and outdoor lights for everyday use, including energy-efficient options. A domestic electrician can also fit new switches, such as dimmer switches to improve the ambiance, and replace faulty power sockets.
Heating and boiler systems
A domestic electrician is skilled at installing wiring systems for new boilers, thermostats and timers, in addition to fixing any broken components. We will carry out regular maintenance checks and perform any rewiring work, to comply with electrical certification requirements.
Additional installations for heating can include underfloor heating and towel rails.
Our services include
- Emergency callouts in Kent and Sussex
- Wiring and rewiring properties and extensions
- Periodic PAT Testing (Portable ApplianceTesting) for homeowners and landlords
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) carried out prior to updating an electrical certification
- Insurance for installations and replacement work, which is documented in an updated electrical certification
- Diagnosing issues and replacing faulty electric ovens or hobs
- Installation and maintenance for alarm, smoke and security systems
- Digital TV and satellite distribution, in addition to network cabling
- Electric central heating and under-floor heating installations for kitchens and bathrooms
- Whole home Wi-Fi installation
If you’re searching for reliable electrical contractors, the team at Electricare Limited offers electrical solutions for residents and business owners in Kent and sussex. These range from fitting new telephone ports to wiring a brand-new house or extension. Our expertise extends to commercial and industrial work, such as Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) and maintenance for emergency control systems. We provide clients with an electrical certification once the work we carry out is completed, in compliance with BS7671 18th edition regulations.
If you need a domestic electrician we will provide you with a friendly and professional member of our team, with NICEIC Domestic Installer Part P accreditation. This means that the work we carry out is in accordance with health and safety standards for designs and installations, in line with periodic electrical certification checks.
Our domestic electrician will carry out the following duties:
- Wiring and rewiring extensions and new properties from telephone points to boilers
- Regular EICR’s to renew electrical certification for homeowners and landlords annually or between 3, 5, or 10 year periods
- Diagnoses and replacements for electrical appliances
- Alarm systems, including smoke, heat and security
- Installations for security lighting and automatic gates
- Digital television and satellite distribution and network cabling
- Electric central heating and under-floor heating installations and replacements
If you need a domestic electrician to carry out replacements or installations call 0808 2021909.